Ad Gloriam Dei

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corintians 10:31

"Let us pursue the things which make for peace and those by which one may edify another"- Romans 14:19

"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Scripture on the Death of God's Saints

Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’”
“Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labours, and their works follow them.” (Revelation 14:13)

And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.” (Luke 23:43)

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints. (Psa. 116:15)

The LORD is my shepherd… Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (Psa. 23:1,6)

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. (1 Thess. 4:13-18)

…so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain… For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. (Phil. 1:20,21,23)

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. (John 14:1-3)

For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked.
For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.
Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. (2 Cor. 5:1-8)

But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel. (Heb. 12:22-24)

And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. (Rev. 21:3,4)

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25,26)

But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep…
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive…
So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?”
The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 15:14,20,22,54-57)

Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psa. 73:23-26)
Click here

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Timothy Davis said...

Micky,

Thanks for sharing this. I am glad that through the mercy of God in Christ Jesus that you have found forgiveness and deliverance.

In love, can I ask if you are trusting in Christ's once-for-all death on the Cross at Calvary alone for your cleansing (and total salvation), rather than the frequent sacrifice of the Mass?

"For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself." (Heb. 7:26,27)

Saturday, May 19, 2007 11:11:00 am  
Blogger Mr. & Mrs. Traylor said...

I struggled with the fear of death for many years before God gave me the strength to admit my weakness openly. Most people in my family put on a brave front saying they arent afraid to die but don't want to talk about it until the time comes. Like Goliath , death can become a giant in the mind of someone who is mentally ill or simply does not understand the Good News of Jesus Christ, that our home is in heaven with Him, but we must close our eyes to fall asleep as Stephan ( Acts 7:54-60 ).
Death is part of life, the Scriptures have much to say about the death of God's Saints. I hope when it's my time to go, I will be like Stephan.
Only because I struggle with axiouty, do I know the negative effects it can have us as humans if we let our imagination rear it's ugly head and listen to the lies of the devil. Many today are paying a fortune to doctors and hospitals to stay here on earth just a few days longer, hoping God will heal them. I'm 55 now and I'm starting to go to more funerals, someday I hope I will become more skillful in my ability to comfort the widows and orphans who like us are left behind waiting during the advent of our own time to be die.My mom asked me to help her plan her funeral last month, we got everything arranged and paid for last month. With the help of God it turned out to be a growing experiance for me to help her through the process.

As Christians we are comforted by Jesus raising the dead like Lazareth in Mark 5:41, the Little Girl in John 11:44, and Dorcus in Acts 9:40. They serve to remind us of our Baptism which is a spiritual form of death and rising to new life in Christ.

The Scriptures on the Death of God's Saints provide us with hope for our own future. By reading about their experiances with death God gives us hope.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 1:32:00 pm  
Blogger Timothy Davis said...

Discussion with Micky continues on his blog here.

Monday, May 28, 2007 3:28:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

God sent his Son into the world to reconcile us to Himself (Col 1: 20.) Jesus Christ came not to tell us the answer to the universal problem of evil, but to overcome evil, sin and death by His everlasting love. Division and dissension, hatred and fear, aggressive power and exploitation could be conquered only by a gentle, suffering love unto death. By freely sacrificing his human life in dying for us, Jesus in His humanity was raised to glory by His Father’s Spirit and is now able to live within us.

Peace Be With You
Micky

Monday, June 25, 2007 1:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home